[SQL][On-Rev] Bulk import into PostgreSQL on On-Rev

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri May 21 12:54:45 EDT 2010

I wouldn't look at it that way. You can get an all day ticket at Disneyland. You can ride all the rides, or just some of them, or none at all. You can't get a cheaper ticket if you promise not to ride some of the rides. It's kind of like that.

I saw a great video of an English man trying to get the price down on a tooth extraction. He said that getting the cost down was of primary importance. After talking the dentist into not using an assistant, having no anesthetic, taking only 15 minutes as opposed to an hour, and making clear that the procedure would be excruciatingly painful this way, but after all low price was of paramount importance, he talked the dentist down from 1400 pounds to just 200!

Once they had settled all that the man said, "Excellent! I will send my wife right over!"

Bob