HyperCard for the iPad

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Thu May 20 16:18:00 EDT 2010

On 20 May 2010, at 18:08, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Blowing off the other 83.9% of the mobile market (Apple says they
> have only 16.1%) just to appease His Steveness would have been
> suicidal, so if that was the intent we can all be glad the proposal
> was rejected.

16% of the market that make up half the mobile web traffic and (at
least back in January) an estimated 97% of all mobile app sales.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/19/apples-app-store-said-to-have-99-4-percent-of-all-mobile-app-sa/

I've not managed to find estimates that are more recent, but that's a
scary ratio for anyone hoping to make money from Android apps as an
alternative to the iPhone/iPad. :-(

Ian