How to create a self-contained custom control

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu May 20 15:02:05 EDT 2010

Jérôme Rosat wrote:

 > I created a custom control.  I set the behavior of the group
 > (the custom control) to a button script (I want no script in
 > the group).
 >
 > If I copy the custom control in a new stack, i need to copy
 > the button script too, or the stack that contains the button
 > script as a substack of a new stack.
 >
 > How to make a self-contained custom control that I can simply
 > copy and past where I want ? I tried to put the button script
 > inside the group, but it doesn't work. If I copy the custom
 > control in a new card, the behavior of the group still point
 > to the "previous" card.

If this control is something you might want to use elsewhere, it may be
worth taking a few seconds to create a new stack to hold the button with
the behavior script.  That way you can use that stack with any project
you need, and the behavior will always resolve correctly.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World