Creating Mac standalone on Windows Studio?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu May 20 13:53:14 EDT 2010

On Windows, you make something executable by putting .exe at the end. Of course, if it's not a real executable, nothing will happen, and if it is a real executable, and you don't put .exe at the end, it won't execute. This actually makes it a simple matter to send someone what looks like a jpg file, but with .exe at the end, and because Windows is hiding known extensions by default, (I know you can change that) you can trick a user into double clicking it and executing malicious code. Not so simple for a unix/linux based system. If the executable bit is in the file itself, Rev for Windows should be able to set it, but if it's some hidden system file somewhere, like an acl, then there is no real way to do it methinks.

Bob