Rodeo: 2 questions

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu May 20 12:49:57 EDT 2010

David,

I don't think you'll reach problems of scalability that easily. Twitter and
Facebook have scalability issues, you'll probably be fine for months before
reaching scaling issues even if you're really successful.

Don't think a single server with a single database is no good for your
needs. Can you tell me what is the biggest demand you think of for your
product because I tend to believe that you'll do just fine with a simple
setup.

You need massive access and stuff to approach the limits of mySQL or
PostgreSQL. Apache is very robust as well and I don't think you'll reach its
limit.

You're probably safe on On-Rev or Rodeo or whatever is invented soon.

Andre