Rodeo: 2 questions

David Bovill david at architex.tv
Thu May 20 08:45:56 EDT 2010

Hi Jerry, I'm still reading about Rodeo and trying to evaluate whether to
take the plunge. there are a couple of things I don't quite get:

   1. The web apps being served by On-Rev:  "Rodeo server is a
   highly-scaleable, secure, n-tier architected cloud solution." So there is no
   way to author and then serve from our own servers, and that means a minimum
   $10 a month fee for hosting. What about bandwidth? What if someone creates a
   wildly popular webapp - can they serve some content from a CDN? Any ideas
   how you would charge for that?
   2. Is there any specific strategy offered by On-Rev in your server set-up
   that allows true scalability and load balancing across regions etc? Or are
   we realistically going to be stuck with a single shared or perhaps even
   private server without the ability to scale that? OK for a the vast majority
   of apps this won't be an issue - but having the option to scale in the event
   is still an issue.