Cloud computing: scalable DB

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed May 19 17:37:29 EDT 2010

Andre,

If you mean by this that the bottleneck is READ access for sending the emails, would replication be an option? You could set up a second slave DB which shouldn't affect WRITE much unless you are already saturated on that end as well. Then when you need that burst of data, just alternate (or some smarter load balancing) between the two machines. READ access can scale close to linearly that way with a pretty simple setup. Now, if you are running out of WRITE capacity, that's a harder problem...

HTH?