[SQL][On-Rev] Bulk import into PostgreSQL on On-Rev

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed May 19 09:20:02 EDT 2010

Hi There Kay,

What is the format of the data? Is it a csv file or something? Because if it
is a text file, then you can upload the text file to your on-rev account and
then use a SQL command such as COPY to parse and load the file. You don't
need a option in phpPgAdmin to do it, you can just write the SQL command
there.

Check out http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-copy.html

With this you'll be able to load a csv (or similar) file into postgresql

It is not as straight forward as LOAD DATA INFILE but it is close.

Cheers
andre