Location of stack

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Mon May 17 12:48:02 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Jeff Massung <massung at gmail.com> wrote:

> In Win32 (and Linux), you can make a window and put any controls in there
> you want. 0,0 is always the upper-left corner of the _usable_ client area in
> the window. If you were - at runtime - to attach a menu to the window, what
> would happen is that the usable client area would be shifted down and the
> menu bar would be tacked on. Note: 0,0 still refers to the upper-left corner
> of the _usable_ client area and not the upper-left corner of the menu bar.

I should also note: the usable client area stays exactly the same size.

Jeff M.

P.S. On a side note as to another reason why the menu builder/stack shifting
for Rev sucks: the shift size isn't just different per platform, it's
different per OS. The size I need to handle things on Windows 7 is different
from XP is different from 98 and is different from OS X. I can't even use
the height of the menu bar group to know how much to move my controls. I'm
literally stuck counting pixels on the screen and figuring it out for each
standalone created.