[OT] Installing Linux fonts
richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon May 17 12:09:25 EDT 2010
[I hope that the thread I am attempting to initiate will, eventually
lead to an understanding of why RunRev does not play 'nicely' with
[Ubuntu 10.04 -- Debian deriv.]
1. open a .ttf font with FontViewer
2. click on 'Install Font' button ; 'Install Failed'
Q1. Is that because I am not root user?
3. attempt to open FontViewer as root:
got "distracted" by Font Manager /usr/bin
click on 'Manage Fonts' blob at the bottom
navigate to where target font is installed
on selecting font Font Manager opens and "blow me down"
it seems the font has been installed as a system font:
4. Open RunRev: and the target font DOESN'T show up . . . um, mumble,
mumble, excrement, and so on.
5. AbiWord (what my sons call "Shabby Word" - never mind, it will
suffice for now):
font (Unicode TTF) shows up.
Q2. Could this be because my target font does not have an accompanying
.conf file ????
More information about the Use-livecode