Location of stack

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon May 17 08:45:14 EDT 2010

Hi Paul,

I just saw your question on the forum. I'll post the same answer there
and on this list.

The engine knows the actual height of the card only after loading all
windows, objects, libraries etc. This is easy to solve, by first
running all default startup messages (preOpenStack, openStack,
preOpenCard, openCard, openBackground etc.) and changing the window
size only afterwards. For example:

global gWindowRect

on preOpenStack
   hide this stack
   readPrefs // your handler to read prefs
   send "setWindowSize" to me in 0 millisecs
   pass preOpenStack
end preOpenStack

on setWindowSize
   set the rect of this stack to gWindowRect
end setWindowSize

Instead of a handler that only sets the rect of the window, you could
also write a handler that does the complete initialisation of your
project. It is safe to assume that all necesary libraries are
available when the initialisation handler runs.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Economy-x-Talk is always looking for new projects. Contact me for a
quote http://economy-x-talk.com/contact.html
Download Clipboard Link http://clipboardlink.economy-x-talk.com and
share the clipboard of your computer over the local network.