OT: Adobe's New Anti Apple Ads

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon May 17 04:13:29 EDT 2010

  On 17/05/2010 10:13, Kay C Lan wrote:
> <snip>
> To me, this is competition and competition is good, very good.

Yes, it probably is nothing more than the grinding together of
competitive forces; but,

Unfortunately:

1.  A lot of small companies and their dedicated clients seem to be
      getting ground up in the process.

2.  Competition CAN be conducted in a gentlemanly fashion; but
      neither Apple nor Adobe seem to think that matters - maybe it
      doesn't from a commercial point of view; they both have enormous
     installed bases on which they can depend. However, it makes the
     world a whole lot more pleasant if competition can take place
     without infantile adverts and name-calling.

Competition is, undoubtedly, a good thing; and as the computer world
is dominated by Microsoft, Adobe and Apple one could argue that not
nearly enough is taking place.

Competition (rather like war [not something I would advocate])
development and innovation.

One of my sadnesses is that, at present, there seems to be no
company in direct competition with RunRev . . .  :)