Location of stack

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 16 06:14:59 EDT 2010

> From: Sarah Reichelt
>
> No, in that case, it should work fine, except that your users
> will see the window flash up and then move.
>
> A compromise might be to set the loc in both handlers. Then it
> will appear almost in the right place and then shuffle a little bit.

Alternatively, is there a way to know in advance how much to twiddle the
vertical location by? It's 12 in my system, and I assume that's half the
height of the non-existent menu bar, but I expect that varies depending upon
the screen resolution or something-or-other, just as it would under Windows.
There really ought to be a clean way to get a program to remember its window
location without momentarily appearing at the wrong location whenever it's
opened.

It surprises me that the menu causes problems on the Mac (including all the
weirdness about menu items being moved around) that don't occur on Windows,
given that Rev is descended from Hypercard, a Mac program.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com