[Data Grid] get the header text color

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Sat May 15 11:47:24 EDT 2010

Le 15 mai 10 à 15:14, zryip theSlug a écrit :

>> André
>
> Bonjour André,
>
> Thanks for your confirmation 8-)
>
> Get the properties "text color" and "header text color" seems totally
> unsupported also in the rev's property palette (colors and patterns
> tab).
> Just try to set a color for the two color boxes, then go in another
> tab and go back to the colors and patterns tab. The two boxes should
> be empty again.

Yes, the 2 boxes resume their empty state but the texts (header or
list) in the data grid are keeping the chosen colors; bizarre  :-o))

> I wrote possible solutions for get a value:
> - For the text color:
> return the textColor of group "dgList" of tMyDataGrid
>
> - For the header text color:
> return the textColor of group "dgHeader" of tMyDataGrid

Nice idea! I did not know these possibilities,  mostly "dgList" which
can't be found in the docs

Using the message box I tried :
set the dgProp["header text color"] of grp "datagrid" to "red"
put the textColor of grp "dgheader" of grp "dataGrid"  >>  get "255,0,0"
----------------
By the way, quite funny thing:
the color of the characters we are perceiving "black" (header or
list), actually is either empty or "black"
(in an ordinary field also anyway!)
Actually if I do:
set the dgProp["text color"] of grp "datagrid" to "black"
put the textColor of grp "dgList" of grp "dataGrid"
I get "0,0,0"
But, with an ordinary field, if I do :
set the textColor of fld "tFld" to black
put the textColor of fld "tFld"
I get "black"

So data grid confirms that "Black" is lack of color
but ordinary field claims that black is a color

;-o)))

André