[Data Grid] get the header text color

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sat May 15 09:14:01 EDT 2010

2010/5/15 Andre.Bisseret <Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr>:
> Le 14 mai 10 à 17:40, zryip theSlug a écrit :
>
>> Hi Trevor and All,
>>

>> I checked the doc:
>>
>> header text color
>> The text color to apply to the header area of a table. Prefix property
>> name with "effective" to get the color being used when this property
>> is set to empty.
>>
>> However when I try to get the "header text color" or the "effective
>> header text color" property, I obtain empty.
>>
>> I checked in the DataGrid Library code, and not found any entry for
>> this property in the getProps handler.
>>
>> I'm wrong?
>
> Le 15 mai 10 à 01:05, zryip theSlug a écrit :
>
>> 2010/5/14 zryip theSlug <zryip.theslug at gmail.com>:
>>
>> It seems same for the "Text color" property.
>

> Bonjour theSlug,
>
> No help, just to confirm.
>
>  My trials (using message box):
>
> put the dgProp["header text color"] of grp "dataGrid" >> empty
> put the dgProp["effective header text color"] of grp "dataGrid" >> empty
>
> set the dgProp["header text color"] of grp "dataGrid" to "red" >> works: the
> headers text is in red
>
> BUT, having the headers in red :
> put the dgProp["header text color"] of grp "dataGrid" >> empty
> put the dgProp["effective header text color"] of grp "dataGrid" >> empty
>
> idem with "text color" property.
>
> So seems that as  the "header text color" and the "text color" properties
> are concerned:
>  one can set  them
> but not put (or get) them.
>

> Le 14 mai 10 à 19:48, zryip theSlug a écrit :
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> It seems that there is no way to set the "(effective) dimmed hilite
>> color" property of a Data Grid.
>> I checked the setProp handler of the Data Grid library and found
>> nothing to set this property. Plus the getProp of this property seems
>> to return always the kDefaultDimmedHiliteColor constant.
>>
>> I'm wrong?
>

> With
> put the dgProp["effective dimmed hilite color"] of grp "datagrid"
> I get "212,212,212"
>
> when I try :
> set the dgProp["dimmed hilite color"] of grp "datagrid" (or with prefix
> "effective")
> I get --invalid property 'effective dimmed hilite color'--
> or --invalid property dimmed hilite color'
>
> Best regards from Grenoble (sad grey weather for quite a too long time now!)
>
> André

Bonjour André,

Thanks for your confirmation 8-)

Get the properties "text color" and "header text color" seems totally
unsupported also in the rev's property palette (colors and patterns
tab).
Just try to set a color for the two color boxes, then go in another
tab and go back to the colors and patterns tab. The two boxes should
be empty again.

I wrote possible solutions for get a value:
- For the text color:
return the textColor of group "dgList" of tMyDataGrid

- For the header text color:
return the textColor of group "dgHeader" of tMyDataGrid

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc