German & French not liked by Valentina DB & Rev ?

Christian Langers chris at whitelotus.on-rev.com
Thu May 13 17:24:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to feed my Valentina Db fields with text. When using English,
no problem. But when using German or French, pfff..

The main problem are the Umlauts (ö,ä,ü,...) or french chars (é,è,à...).
As I read in the docs, rev fields are storing text in UTF16. Valentina
is storing text in UTF16 too. So normally there should be no problems
when storing text from REV into Valentina.
But when retrieving the saved text from the DB, that gives me scrambled
chars instead of the é,à,è,ü,....

Does anybody have a solution to that ?

I'm working on an Intel Mac, REV 4.5 DP3, Valentina 4.6, using SQLYoga...

Thanks for any advice,

Christian
Luxembourg