News on revIgniter (05-13-10)

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu May 13 14:07:14 EDT 2010

I was stuck on this for no apparent reason for a while... nothing working
 until I found a couple of silly gotchas (of no fault of the author) that
may happen to others that try this.

1. Cutting and pasting example code from the *revIgniter* example web pages
appears to choke the Rev server. It turns out that the indenting characters
on the page are not tabs but  EOT (decimal 4) characters.  (yikes!)

Just replace these characters with tab or empty, or type it out manually.

2. New users, READ and DO the EXAMPLES regarding   *controllers*    and    *
views*    -  before trying anything else.

Arg... cutting and pasting has as many drawbacks as advantages...

thanks, Ralf for your good work for the Rev community.  Someday I hope you
will create a forum so that we can share ideas  and templates. I will be
Paypal as soon as I get something public running

sqb