Stuck with Revlets :-(

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 12 21:27:15 EDT 2010

Jim Bufalini wrote:
> Ton Kuypers wrote:
>
>> hmmm...
>>
>> I've been testing some more, but no luck...
>> - put
>> url("http://www.publishingtools4u.com/placemats4free/templates/template
>> s.xml") into fld "Data1"   > No result
>> - put url("file:" & "/templates/templates.xml") into fld "Data1"  > No
>> result
>> - put url("file:" & "/wwwroot/placemats4free/templates/templates.xml")
>> into fld "Data1"  > No result
>>
>> Any idea how can I read from a file on the server????
>>
>> The DefaultFolder or The Files gives nothing back, URLs don't seem to
>> work either...
>

> Try dropping back to Rev 4.0 and report if the problems are the same. There
> have been reports of problems in this area with Rev 4.5 dp-3.

That may be it. I have a test revlet compiled with Rev 4.0, and this
executes fine:

put url "http://jacque.on-rev.com/quoteoday.txt" into fld 2

I tried Ton's xml file too and it also works. Ton, the other thing you
can try is to enable all the security settings and rebuild it with
everything set. If that works, you could remove them one at a time until
you see what's required for your app. But it sounds like the Rev version
may be the problem.

Ms. Dud((e)tte)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com