[OT] Licensing question

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed May 12 12:50:12 EDT 2010

If he got a true "upgrade" to Windows 7 then using the old Vista license on another machine is definitely a breach of the agreement. If however, it is a full install for Windows 7, then although Microsoft might whimper and moan something about licensing for the CPU, I think it's perfectly fine to use Vista on your machine. After all, the important thing is that Microsoft gets their money, and they certainly have.

Bob