Stuck with Revlets :-(

tkuypers at telenet.be tkuypers at telenet.be
Wed May 12 12:28:43 EDT 2010

I'm probably the last one in the Revolution community, owning an Enterprise license, but only today started exploring the "Build for Web" feature... And after a day of testing and struggling I'm stuck :-(

I think I'm missing a few things, so maybe someone can help me out.

On my webserver I've created a folder structure, containing a bunch of folders, each containing subfolders and in the last subfolder a bunch of jpg files.
A local application creates these jpg files, the correct folders and an XML file describing everything.

I've created a stack that reads in the xml file, to fill the first field, called "Categories".
Clicking on a category in this field will read the XML again and find the subcategories, which are basically the jpg files in the folder.

Doing this locally, it works fine, but from within the Revlet the first field doesn't even get filled, so it doesn't read the XML file...

What am I doing wrong? I don't want to use PHP, .NET or any other coding, because this project is very suited to be handled completely inside Revolution, but then at least I need to be able to load data from the server...

Is it the XML library that doesn't work in Revlets?

I'm using version RR 4.5.0-dp3 and am getting quite frustrated :-(
A "Do's and Don'ts when creating Revlets" or an updated manual would be nice, but because of the lack of this I have to fall back on you guys...

Hope someone can help me.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Warm Regards,

Publishingtools 4 U