Zombie Win icon

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Wed May 12 11:58:10 EDT 2010

On 12 May 2010, at 2:22 pm, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> I'm sorry, David, I don't know the answers to your questions;
>> 1/ What is the silver bullet needed to kill off my horrible first icon? (I know, silver bullet is vampires...)
>>
>> 2/ Why does my IcoFX icon only appear at small sizes when all sizes are built into the icon?

Hmm... The horrible old icon only appears in folders in which I have previously saved the standalone with the old icon.  New folder = correct icon.  Maybe icons & their associations get saved in thumbs.db and aren't smart enough to update?  However, I can't work out how to show the thumbs.db file on Vista.... :-/  any suggestions?

I also found that IcoFX can change the icon associated with a .exe file.  Setting the icon this way seems to make it behave a bit better that via the Rev build standalone options.

Not quite ready to fork out $50 yet.....surely there must be Windows folks out there who understand this stuff?

David Glasgow