Thoughts on Kevin's announcement

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Wed May 12 09:22:39 EDT 2010

Richard,
I don't know that it would require a complete 100% 'learning' of javascript, exactly, but rather a sharing of javascript resources that are directly tied to irev scripts and UI objects. This is what has been happening already. I need to know how to tie in something I want to do with irev on my site and I go to Sarah's site to see how she tied it into JS (as an example.) This kind of shared resources can lead to a very nice collection of objects and scripts for RunRev users.

René,

I love this article by Richard: http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/netapps.html

I can't speak for Rodeo (You will have to ask Jerry or Sarah) but as far as I know, Rodeo is just for iPhone/iPad but revServer(iRev and revCGI) is for 'all' platforms that have a browser and internet connection.

revServer uses revolution in a browser window with out the need for downloading plugins but requires a RunRev engine on the server.

It works right now without any violations of any licenses out of the box on all web/browser enabled mobile devices.

Check it out on the RunRev site.

HTHs

Tom