[OT] OLPC GUI

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed May 12 02:46:10 EDT 2010

  On 12/05/2010 02:14, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richmond-
>
> Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 12:12:47 PM, you wrote:
>
>>    Wow: I'm running an OLPC Sugar live CD on a P4 just now
>> to get a feel for the interface.
> Before you go too far down that road, let me warn you that attempting
> to run runrev as a Sugar app will have each stack window take up the
> entire screen.

You're light-years ahead of me; first of all I've got to p*ss around with
the Terminal to get the thing onto the hard disk; whether I can be
bothered to do that is the biggest question at the moment.

Until I have had the smallest kids I work with (7-8 years old) play
with the thing from a live CD I'm doing "Nuffin" further.

'Objously' the GUI of RunRev would have to be re-done to be
successful and congruent with the Sugar interface.