Object is not an image when Crop command

JosepM jmyepes at mac.com
Tue May 11 16:10:50 EDT 2010

Hi,

<You can modify pixels of an image, but maybe it would be less complicated
<overlay a colored overlay object where you want it and create a new
snapshot
<to apply as the backgroundPattern.

This is what I doing but I can't erase the background or overlay with the
new color.

The objective is to change the wall color with the shadows and some of the
details.
Imagine a red wall, I create a poly with the shape of the wall, then I
create a snapshot and put it as backgroundpattern into the poly. Then I can
change the color of it to white but I loss the major of the shadows and
details, only I can play with the blendlevel to show of the detail but this
is borrowed.

Any idea how to deal with this?

Also I read the article of Kevin about the imagedata, maskdata and
alphachanel. I don't know if is posible extract some chanel to use as
shadow...

Salut,
Josep