[OT] OLPC GUI

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:12:47 EDT 2010

  Wow: I'm running an OLPC Sugar live CD on a P4 just now
to get a feel for the interface.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Live_CD

It is totally "other"; i.e. non-WIMP, which is rather
refreshing; although the whole thing is rather
confusing i you have been using WIMP GUIs for the
last 20 years.

It is, however, not targetted at people who have had access
to computers, let alone WIMP GUIs, at all.

I shall subject some of the kids I teach and see how they
react to the thing; although they are "bombed out" on
Windows XP, and are comfortable using GNOME in
my school.

How would one integrate some form of RunRev into
this interface?

Certainly worth thinking about.