Android over iPad (was RE: Thoughts on Kevin's announcement)

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon May 10 15:10:20 EDT 2010

> Kevin and team have shown their resilience and brilliance in
> the transformation department with their announcement today.
> They've adjusted their roadmap and their offering to keep us
> all in the game.
> They have my thanks, trust, and admiration. And my business
> going forward.

I completely agree, Jerry.

The iPhone family of products represent a very attractive consumer platform.
We cannot expect iPad users to understand the issues around Steve Jobs war
on cross platform tools - just talk with your non computer industry friends
who also happen to use an iPhone about it (guess what I did on Mother's
Day). The iPad today is still the product it was yesterday - except now we
know our Rev projects won't be on it.

Just as Steve Jobs has his business reasons for making his decisions, so do
you as software vendors.

I don't think you should go out and burn your iPhone and iPad.  But just
like Steve Jobs, you should also consider your business as well. Support
RevMobile on Android. Plan for it. Help make it happen. Make the words
"HyperCard" and "Runrev" and "Android" appear often in your blogs, twitter
posts and facebook updates.

I don't suggest this for reasons other than business reasons. Supporting a
platform where you can deploy your applications, which makes it possible for
more copies of your applications to be sold.

Ive already made a blog update to this effect, it isnt much more than you
already know:
http://www.lynnfredricks.com/2010/05/10/no-hypercard-for-the-ipad-watch-for-
hypercard-on-android/

Best regards,