OT: Resources for Data Base Design

Robert Mann rman at free.fr
Mon May 10 12:32:04 EDT 2010

As far as "grainy" text is concerned, I mean text made of text and so on...
we're back to hierarchical databases, the modern version being XML
databases. The big advantage is that you can design a very simple dbase in
term of schema. Then you  can pour into it complicated structures (sgml,
XML..) that you can retreive in whole or partially at will. It does require
more processing power of course, but we have it now!

You can find some source in "editorial databases" as this kind of things
were really digged at the birth of sgml 20 years ago.

It can be very simple.

I've got a model working fine as the database of highly structured books in
an editorial process application, that deals with extracting any part of a
book and outputing in different formats. Feel free to drop an email.