Check out Jerry's new videos -- REV to ObjC -> iPhone

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sun May 9 18:40:17 EDT 2010

On May 9, 2010, at 6:21 PM, Randall Lee Reetz wrote:

> No it isn't and I will be willing to bet a large sum that apple's only desire is to control the compiling process.

Amongst the many companies still worried about all this is Unity3D. When you make iPhone apps with Unity, you do the compile using Xcode, from Objective-C source files. But in amongst that Objective-C is the Mono system, which is what is used to convert your C# or Javascript to control your 3D scene. Essentially the same situation Rev would be facing. So, as currently written, the agreement blocks Unity, regardless of the fact that it's being compiled in Xcode from Objective-C source.

>  And, importantly, they can not legally go beyond this level of control

And that might be part of the reason that the government will sue them.