Check out Jerry's new videos -- REV to ObjC -> iPhone

René Micout rene.micout at numericable.com
Sun May 9 04:28:04 EDT 2010

Le 9 mai 2010 à 08:28, J. Landman Gay a écrit :

> This is forbidden by the new license. There can be no translations. All work must be created originally by Apple-specified tools.

This is outside my powers of comprehension... Both points of view technical (if it is possible...), ethical and juridical (legal ?), I don't understand (I can't understand ?)... Is this a cultural problem ? Is this a linguistic problem ;-) ?
What mean "translations" ? What mean "originally" ?
I mentioned this in another post and some have understood (and approved) my point of view...
The above argument is invariably advanced, but is it an Apple's argument ?
My job is, in another, write specifications for contracts, and what I read about (because I could not read directly concerned §) in § 3.3.1 does not seem admissible in France's legal perspective. In France the law is above the contract, perhaps is it different in the USA (?).
The debate remains open on the subject( I apologize to those who are not interested in the subject) keeps coming back (is it a manifestation of "eternal return" dear to Nietzsche?)...
René