Check out Jerry's new videos

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat May 8 19:38:34 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Peter Alcibiades
<palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> "Peter, you don't need the On-Rev client app to use On-Rev."
>
> But don't you need the browser plug-in to use the pages you've made?  For
> instance, I seemingly can't get to the parts of your site that are Rev
> based, because of no plug-in.   Or is this a mistake?

My web site is entirely built using On-Rev, mainly as a custom CMS, so
I can edit it easily using just text files and the content gets
formatted automatically.
There are a few revlets available which you will not be able to
access, but they are mainly for demonstration purposes and not
actually a functional part of the web site.
If there is anything else that you cannot access, I would really like
to know what, so I can try to fix it.

> Can you step through it,  you want to make a web app, usable through the
> browser, either on the local machine  or on a local server, or on the On-Rev
> server.  What bits exactly do you have to use from Rev?

The actual Rodeo desktop editor will be built in Rev and the web apps
will rely on using On-Rev servers to do the conversions from the Rodeo
scripting to HTML/CSS/Javascript.

Cheers,
Sarah