MySQL driver in Windows standalones

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat May 8 19:15:03 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM, paolo mazza <mazzapaoloitaly at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why from a stack using the MySQL commands i get a single file application
> for the  MACOS platform and a file with the Externals folder (with dirvers +
> .dll file) if I build the standalone for the windows platform?
>
> Can I have a windows application with the MySQL drivers embedded in a single
> file (like for the mac?) ?

A Mac app is actually a folder but the .app extension on the folder
tells OS X to treat it like a single file. If you
right-click/control-click on an app, you can select "Show Package
Contents" from the popup menu and have a look at what is inside the
app folder. You will find all your externals in there.

But is does make distribution very nice when you can hide all these
sorts of files inside this app folder, and Windows has no equivalent.

The best option I think is to use an Installer creation program to
bundle all these files into a single installer app. Then the installer
can put the externals in your app folder or in the system folder or
wherever you decide.

Cheers,
Sarah