Printing Resized PNGs

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri May 7 16:21:54 EDT 2010

Marty Knapp wrote:
> Even though the transparency is set in Photoshop? OK - I'm batting 0
> here! I'll just tell my clients to use only JPEGs and non-transparent
> PNGs. Maybe in the next version of Rev . . .

I found the reference I was looking for before, which is in the engine
change log for Rev version 3.0:

Printing
~~~~~~~~
   Any printed content that can not be rendered by the native OS
printing system is now rasterized at a higher resolution before being
sent to the printer as a bitmap. This means that any printouts
containing gradients, transparency or scaled images look much better.

So apparently it would have been even worse before...and it's dependent
on the OS print drivers.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com