Datagrid can't not find stack

JosepM jmyepes at mac.com
Fri May 7 14:24:58 EDT 2010

Bonjour Andre,

Bonjour,
Thanks a lot Joseph for this post, very relevant to this list named
"HOW to use Revolution", among an ocean  of "OT"! :-))

:-D

I just created
1 - a stack "TrialJosep"
a data grid on it named "dgjosep" with 2 columns : "name" and "forename"
and a button whose script is " topLevel stack "pickTheData"

2 -  a substack "pickTheData"
on it 2 fields : one to enter a name
the other to enter a forename
and a button "OK" whose script is :

on mouseUp
    local tInfo,
    -------
    put fld "fldName" & tab & fld "fldForeName" into tInfo
    put tInfo
    close this stack
    dispatch "addLine" to grp "dgJosep" of cd 1 of stack "TrialJosep"
with tInfo
end mouseUp

Code from the Button on the main stack that open the substack.
In the substack only I have some fields that are as I said filled manually
or from the database.

on mouseup
   go stack ss_newcustomer of stack "s_document" as sheet

   set itemdel to tab

   put item 1 of dialogdata into tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_NAME"]
   put item 2 of dialogdata into tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_TAXNUMBER"]
   put item 3 of dialogdata into tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_ADDRESS"]
   put item 4 of dialogdata into tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_ZIPCODE"]
   put item 5 of dialogdata into tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_CITY"]
   put item 6 of dialogdata into tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_STATE"]
   put item 7 of dialogdata into tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_COUNTRY"]

   ## Rellenar los datos del cliente, numero documento y fecha
   put empty into fld lbl_datos_cliente
   put tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_NAME"] & return after fld lbl_datos_cliente
   put tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_TAXNUMBER"] & return & return after fld
lbl_datos_cliente
   put tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_ADDRESS"] & return after fld lbl_datos_cliente
   put tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_ZIPCODE"] && tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_CITY"] &
return after fld lbl_datos_cliente
   put "(" & tCliente[1]["CUSTOMER_STATE"] & ")" after fld lbl_datos_cliente

end mouseup

Then from the main stack. I have two buttons, one to add and other to delete
rows from the datagrid.
It's here when I try to add a row the error occur.

Button add:

on mouseUp

   put the dgNumberOfLines of group "dg_lineas" of this stack into tFilas
   if tFilas<10 then
      put "0" & tFilas+1 into tLinea
   else
      put tFilas+1 into tLinea
   end if
   dispatch "addLine" to group "dg_lineas" of this stack with tLinea
   dispatch "ResetList" to group "dg_lineas" of this stack

end mouseUp

I don't see where can fail... :(

Seems working well here (I hope I have correctly understood your
problem?)

If yes, might be "close this stack" before adding the line is important

Button "OK" from the substack

on mouseUp

   put fld f_NOMBRE & tab & fld f_NIF & tab & fld f_DIRECCION & tab & fld
f_CP & tab & fld f_POBLACION & tab & fld f_PROVINCIA & tab & fld f_PAIS into
tDatosCliente
   set the dialogdata to tDatosCliente

   close this stack
end mouseUp