Selected object "boxes"

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri May 7 09:46:38 EDT 2010

These two handlers can be put into the script of any object. It is no big
deal; very straighforward. The commented lines refer to a small btn called
"handle" which I originally had to indicate exactly what you don't want to
see. The handler can certainly be modified and put in the card script to work
on any object. I originally made this to test which messages seemed to be
best suited for the task, like "mouseWithin", "mouseMove" and "mouseStillDown".
This is the "mouseDown" version.

watch line breaks...

on mouseDown
    repeat while the mouse is down
       --show btn "handle"
       put the rect of me into tRect
       put whichCorner(the mouseloc,tRect) into tCorner
       switch
          case tcorner = "TR"
             set the rect of me to   item 1 of tRect & "," & item 2 of the
mouseLoc & "," & item 1 of the mouseLoc & "," & item 4 of tRect
             --set the loc of   btn "handle" to item 3 of the rect of me &
"," & item 2 of the rect of me
             break
          case tcorner = "TL"
             set the rect of me to   item 1 of the mouseLoc   & "," & item
2 of the mouseLoc & "," & item 3 of tRect & "," & item 4 of tRect
             --set the loc of   btn "handle" to item 1 of the rect of me &
"," & item 2 of the rect of me
             break
          case tcorner = "BL"
             set the rect of me to   item 1 of the the mouseLoc   & "," &
item 2 of   tRect & "," & item 3 of   tRect & "," & item 2 of the mouseLoc
             --set the loc of   btn "handle" to item 1 of the rect of me &
"," & item 4 of the rect of me
             break
          case tcorner = "BR"
             set the rect of me to   item 1 of   tRect   & "," & item 2 of
tRect & "," & item 1 of the mouseLoc & "," & item 2 of the mouseLoc
             --set the loc of   btn "handle" to item 3 of the rect of me &
"," & item 4 of the rect of me
             break
       end Switch
    end repeat
    hide btn "handle"
end mouseDown

function whichCorner mLoc,tRect
    switch
       case abs(item 2 of mLoc - item 2 of tRect) < 15 and abs(item 1 of
mLoc - item 3 of tRect) < 15
          return TR
          break
       case abs(item 1 of mLoc - item 1 of tRect) < 15 and abs(item 2 of
mLoc - item 2 of tRect) < 15
          return TL
          break
       case abs(item 1 of mLoc - item 1 of tRect) < 15 and abs(item 2 of
mLoc - item 4 of tRect) < 15
          return BL
          break
       case abs(item 1 of mLoc - item 3 of tRect) < 15 and abs(item 2 of
mLoc - item 4 of tRect) < 15
          return BR
          break
    end switch