How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Thu May 6 23:23:28 EDT 2010

Chipp Walters:
"...So, while Rev (and Flash and many other dev platforms for iPhone) compile
directly to a binary, they are still in violation of the NEW SDK 4.0
recently released license..."

Thanks for the summary, Chipp.  I was unaware that Apple had changed the rules **after essentially promising something else**-- not too different from a "bait and switch".  I can see why developers might hesitate to create applications for a platform for which the powers-that-be might set up future additional roadblocks.
I guess Apple feels that the general public really doesn't care, and (Apple) is not overly-concerned about alienating multi-platform developers.  On a purely business level, who am I to question their strategy?  But I do think that it is inappropriate of Apple to suddenly shift gears and leave hanging companies who have invested significant time and resources to Apple mobile platform development.