US Fed Trade Commission Investigation

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Thu May 6 20:34:00 EDT 2010

Richard Gaskin:

--
I bought a Nokia "smart" phone recently (needed GSM for travel and felt the iPhone was a bit too bulky for a shirt pocket) and, on a whim, looked into programming options for the Symbian OS.  The free Web Runtime Kit (WRT) offered through the efforts of Nokia and others allows the production of HTML/CSS/JS widgets that can run natively on the Symbian phones, but I understand there are significant limitations when compared to what revMobile would be likely to offer for the iPhone (based on the demonstrations of the iPhone apps on the runrev site). Aside from the different programming languages/methods used, what might the combination of HTML5/JavaScript/WebKit lack that revMobile would offer on the iPhone/iPad?

Kurt