How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu May 6 16:35:44 EDT 2010

Randall Reetz wrote:

 > Years ago I asked why no xtalk environment had built an xtalk to C
 > source translator.  If stacks could be run through an extractor
 > that did this and output objective C project document set, then
 > it would be trivial for the user to end up with an apple complient
 > app.

Unfortunately it would not.

It seems your iPhone's screen is too small, since you're missing about
half the discussion going on here.

Just a short while ago today in a post you replied to I noted the
provenance clause, in which Apple controls not only the suitability of
the deliverable object code, but also the process by which its source is
created:

<http://mail.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2010-May/139234.html>

Yes, I know it's hard to believe.  We've never seen anything like it in
the history of the industry.  But it's there, and is central to this
whole issue.

Much has been written about it.  You might find it worthwhile to take a
break here and catch up on some of the blogs about it, starting with the
links already posted to this and related threads here, like Gruber,
Williams, Ars Technica, etc.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World