User Extensions/Externals

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 5 15:36:14 EDT 2010

Graham & Heather Harrison wrote:
> Jacque wrote:
>
>> It works the simple way for me. I just dropped the external into
>> that folder, restarted Rev, made a new stack, and made a call to
>> the external from the stack script. Worked okay.
>
> All aboard the Merry-go-round!
>
> That looks like the place I came in. This still does not work for me.
> If it did I would gladly accept it as my modus operandi.
>
> Would you please tell me your configuration - rev and Mac OS X.
> Unless it exactly the same as mine, I think this has to go to QCC.

I don't think the configuration matters, but I just (re)tried it on both
Leopard and Snow Leopard, on an iMac and a MacBook Pro. It works fine.
The Snow Leopard MacBook had never seen the external before so it was a
clean install. I dropped ssMacWindows.bundle into the Externals folder
at Documents/My Revolution Enterprise/Externals/ and then launched Rev.
I made a new stack with this script in the card:

on mouseUp
  put ssMacWindowsInformation()
end mouseUp

When I click on the card, I get the info in the message box. The same
method worked on my iMac running Leopard and Rev 4.0.

> Another thought: what is the External References in the stack
> Property Inspector. Haven't been able to find anything in the
> guide.

That's the shortcut way to assign externals to a particular stack. It
does the same thing as the line of script that Mark Weider mentioned; it
just sets the externals property of your stack to the hard-coded file
path you choose.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com