AW: AW: AW: need advice for keeping file flags in a zip

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue May 4 14:30:26 EDT 2010

Hi Bob,
I think you hit it. Googleing I found the following:

"Only a limited number of utilities are chflags aware. Some of these tools
include
ls(1), cp(1), find(1), install(1), dump(8), and restore(8). In particular a
tool
which is not currently chflags aware is the pax(1) utility."

And following your points, ditto just would have to chflags, when
zipping/unzipping and it doesn't count to these kind of tools.
Thanks for bringing me on the way to understanding :)
Tiemo