AW: need advice for keeping file flags in a zip

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue May 4 06:47:23 EDT 2010

Hello,

after another Test, Thierry could reproduce the described behaviour that you
can't keep the locked flag (uchg) of a file when zipping it with PKzip. So
perhaps anybody can confirm either if it is a standard behavior/feature of
OSX 10.5/10.6 or it's a bug of OSX? Because I don't find any hints
googeling, I almost think it is standard, but why?
Test:
A folder containing a file with the locked flag.
Zipping it, e.g: ditto -c -k --sequesterRsrc SrcFolder  testditto.zip
Unzipping it and the locked flag is gone
Thanks
Tiemo