User Extensions/Externals

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 3 13:40:01 EDT 2010

> From: J. Landman Gay
>
> I don't think so. As far as I know, nothing's changed in the way
> externals work in years. There have been some new ways of forcing them
> to load ("new" as of a few years ago,) but the underlying principle of
> it is the same as always: externals only load when a stack is first
> opened, and the path to the external must be correct. Now how you manage
> that can be done several ways, from simple to complex, but they all do
> the same thing in the end.

I noticed a change when I moved to 3.5. Formerly, before building the
standalones, I had to remove the dummy stack that contained the external
from memory, or it wouldn't work when I started the standalone. Now I don't
have to do that any more. I don't understand what's going on under the hood,
but that made building standalones easier.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com