Plovdiv (OT)

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Sun May 2 16:01:40 EDT 2010

On 2 May 2010, at 8:39 pm, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

>> About 3 hours ago my wife and I went for a walk in a park here in Plovdiv; from the hill in the centre of
>> the park I could see 3 shopping malls under construction:

Shopping malls in Plovdiv?  I called in there about 25 years ago on the way to Burgas. Todor Zhivkov was the head man back then.  I think it might have been there that a friend and I wandered through a shootout between police and some "New Bulgarians".  Strangely enough, it wasn't on the news that night.  Also strangely, neither side shot at us, or even shouted anything at us.  They kind of shot round us at each other.

Shopping Malls?  Nah.

David G