iPhone?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat May 1 10:58:06 EDT 2010

  On 01/05/2010 17:48, Colin Holgate wrote:
> On May 1, 2010, at 10:40 AM, René Micout<rene.micout at numericable.com>  wrote:
>
>> The only possibility for Apple to prohibit other language that C, C++ and Objective C is when you submit an application for App Store approbation...
>> How can they do otherwise ?
> They can change the iPhone OS to not run apps that were made from other languages, or make iTunes automatically delete those apps when you connect the phone.
>
> My guess is that they will allow some tools, like Rev, to work, even in the store, and that it will all continue to just be a vendetta against Flash.

Let's hope so; although having made a blanket statement I don't quite see
how Apple will get out of part of it without having to rescind all of it.

The whole thing looks as crude as gang warfare between Apple and Adobe;
but, as in all cases of gang warfare, others get injured by flying glass
and so
on.