Escaping Quotes?

Andrew Kluthe andrew at rjdfarm.com
Wed Mar 31 12:36:46 EDT 2010

I tried what is recommended in this post

http://n4.nabble.com/put-shell-and-escaping-quotes-how-to-do-this-td991042.html#a991074

but the shell still ends up getting it with no quotes and effectively
breaking it.

put quote & "C:\Program Files\Visual CUT 11\Visual CUT.exe" & quote & " -e"
into vcPath

put quote & "C:\Rev\FOM2\Lease Reports\All
Leases\LeasePaymentsbyLeaseName.rpt" & quote into sReportName

put quote & "Parm1:2010" & quote into sParams

put "[[vcPath]] [[sReportName]] [[sParams]]" into sCommand
put shell( merge(sCommand) )

This outputs the same message from the console that I would get if I put it
straight in with no quotes:

'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.