Interesting discussion on iPad content

Rodney Somerstein rodneys at io.com
Wed Mar 31 01:24:29 EDT 2010

>My mistake in not clarifying.  The offer was for educational
>discount on pre-purchase of Rev-Mobile, so only applies to
>educational users.

That make sense, Marian. I forgot about the educational discounts.
Many companies offer those on software. I just managed to pick an
expensive hobby. I've been grumpy because I don't want to spend as
much as is being asked. I want my toys when I want them, dang it. ;-)
(That doesn't mean the world actually owes me those toys.)

My original plan for Rev was to develop software for playing a
variety of board and card games - allowing users to specify the rules
for the games so that it could support a wide variety. Of course, I
haven't made much headway with that, but I have had fun playing
around with it. The iPad seems like the perfect platform for such a
thing and has me inspired again. That's part of where the frustration
is coming from - this is just so close but just not quite there yet
for me to jump on.

-Rodney