Interesting discussion on iPad content

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Tue Mar 30 17:33:08 EDT 2010

On Mar 30, 2010, at 5:23 PM, Brian Yennie wrote:

> >Definitely a valid concern, although if it's truly 15 seconds that just seems excessive.

They have changed how it works over time. It used to be that there were 12 seconds of splash screen before anything attempted to load, and no indicator to the user. After 12 seconds a loading circle animation showed, and then some number of seconds later the loading was done. Now they set the loading animation going after a second, but the loading of the engine is still relatively slow, typically about 15 seconds to load (compared to about 18 seconds previously). I have many non-GameSalad games that load in under two seconds. Hopefully GameSalad will improve the loading time.

Rev apps load very fast.