Daft idea for commercial software ???

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 15:52:59 EDT 2010

  On 30/03/2010 22:34, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Björnke von Gierke wrote:
>>
>> Be aware that changing a single occuring string in your app to
>> "hacked by l33t dude" is actually simpler then reverse engineering
>> the registration code.
>
> Will that work with Rev apps? In my experience, changing almost
> anything in the compiled app causes it to fail to launch.

I will hive off a new build for each customer (always assuming there are
any people who are inspired
enough to pay $50 for something to write Sanskrit!); as modifying a
standalone post-build is a recipe
for disaster: I have been "playing silly bu**ers" with that one for the
last 3 weeks and getting nothing
more than a socking-great headache.