Identifying a certain Windows machine

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 15:12:41 EDT 2010

This version of the problem is interestingly different from the usual two
ways in which it presents.  I've seen it from the perspective of a user
wanting not to be tied to one physical machine, and also from the
perspective of a vendor wishing to use tying to one particular machine to
inhibit piracy.  However, the case of a user, who wants to be sure that
no-one else can install the software he is using, by having it tied to one
physical machine, is interestingly different.

One does wonder what exactly this software would be doing....  But no, don't
tell us!  I really, really do not want to know!

Peter