Automatic Builds

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 04:56:24 EDT 2010

OK _ I just checked out the latest glxApp
tutorials<http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/manuals/glxapp/lessons/5668-How-Do-I-Package-My-Application-For-Use-With-An-Installer-Or-Auto-Update->....
it seems that you need to use the Rev IDE to create the standalones:

*Note: *Currently you need to build the executables for both OS X and
Windows before using the application packager.

And that you can't use the glx application packager outside of the IDE:
The application packager would ideally run as a standalone application but
during the packaging process some scripts are modified which exceed the 10
line limit. So for the time being you must package from within the IDE.

But it may still be possible to automate from within the IDE? Has anyone
hacked into the rev / and/or glxApp stacks to automate builds in cases where
you need to do this daily? NB - the splash stack approach will work in some
cases, but may not work for revWeb applications, and won't work for mobile
apps!