Getting the messages/handlers available for a button

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 28 21:04:53 EDT 2010

Len Morgan wrote:

> I wish this were so but while there are some messages there, many are
> missing.  For example, I'm not sure why "socketClosed" is listed under
> Object->Button but "mouseUp" is not.  The "messages" entry does have
> mouseUp but doesn't tell me it's sent to buttons.  What I guess I need
> is all of the entries from the messages category that apply to buttons
> (for example).  Is there a way to get this?

It looks like the intent was to show the properties and messages that
apply specifically to each object. Since (most) messages can go to any
object, the rest apply to all. I'm not sure about the socket commands
though, that does seem odd. And you're right, there's stuff missing, so
I'm not sure you can get an exhaustive list from the dictionary, though
most of it's there.

> What I
> was suggesting was a way to map a message from, for example, a button to
> a group to a card to a stack to a library to the engine (with maybe a
> front and back script if appropriate).

Well, there's the executionContexts property, but I'm not sure it will
do what you want.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com